ALL ABOUT STONEYBROOK ESTATES
Stoneybrook Estates is a deed-restricted, gated community of 180 single-family homes, a 50' X 30' heated community pool, and gazebo picnic area, all nestled in the corner of Rt. 41 and McIntosh Rd. The Estates shares Stoneybrook Boulevard with the Stoneybrook Golf and Country Club. The gate entry cards and remote openers operate the gates at both entrances of the Boulevard. The restaurant is open to the public, but the golf course is semi-private.
The Estates incorporates six lakes, preserve areas and hedges at its perimeter. Soil from the digging of these lakes was used to build the lots about 36 inches higher than surrounding terrain, making us less susceptible to flooding. Our 180 single family homes have a very high year round occupancy. It is an excellent walking (sidewalks on all streets) and biking community. Crime rates are monitored and are very low. The view from lanais are nearly all of lakes and preserves. We have reasonable HOA dues, low delinquencies and high owner’s equity.
Stoneybrook Estates is governed by three sets of Covenants: Palmer Ranch, Stoneybrook Boulevard, and Stoneybrook Estates, and residents pay fees to all three associations through Stoneybrook Estates. Each residence should have a copy of all three covenants. For the convenience of the residents, pertinent and amended sections of the Stoneybrook Estates Covenants are included on our web site.
A five-member Board of Governors is elected each year (2 year terms) to guide and direct our management company. The Board maintains a community website, www.stoneybrookest.org and publishes a monthly newsletter, the Stoneybrook Outlook. Professional services are retained by the Board to maintain the pool, pool area, lakes, community green areas, and irrigation system. Our Association is financially well managed with an excellent fund balance and adequate reserves.
To keep our lakes in pristine condition a policy establishing a “No Mow Zone” 3 feet from the edge of the water was made. This is to mitigate bank erosion as well as preventing run-off of fertilizers and etc from emptying into the lake. Only the owners may fish in the lakes. Please do not throw anything, organic or not, into the lakes or the storm sewers that drain into the lakes. In Stoneybrook, it is a privilege to keep a pet. Residents are required to keep their pets under control at all times and immediately pick up after them.
The proximity to grocery, drug, discount stores, the Sarasota Square Mall, Costco, and the many excellent restaurants only enhance life in Stoneybrook Estates. School buses stop at the McIntosh entrance. Potter Park, a taxpayer-funded county park, is only a mile and a half from the Estates on Potter Park Rd, just off Central Sarasota Parkway. The well-lighted basketball and tennis courts, age appropriate playgrounds, walking trails, and baseball fields are adjacent to the state-of-the-art YMCA and Water Park. The 12-mile Legacy Trail bike path is close by. And best of all, we are just a 15-minute drive from beautiful Siesta Key beach which is consistently ranked in the top 10 beaches in the world.
STONEYBROOK ESTATES DIRECTIONS THROUGH COUNTRY CLUB ENTRANCE
If the visitor attempts to enter the Estates through the unattended gate and the resident is not available to answer the phone or is talking on the phone, the visitor cannot gain entry. Residents may send guests through the Country Club entrance if they will be unable to enter from McIntosh Road. All service persons should be directed to the Country Club entrance.
FROM NORTH ON I-75
1) Get off I-75 at exit 205 (old 37, Rt. 72, Clark Rd.), and head west.
2) Continue on Clark Rd. west for three traffic lights and turn left at Honore Ave.
3) Follow Honore Ave. south for 3.8 miles and turn right (west) on Central Sarasota Pkwy.
4) Proceed on Central Sarasota Parkway for .8 miles and turn left into Stoneybrook Golf & Country Club on Stoneybrook Boulevard. Tell the guard who you are visiting.
5) Continue on the Boulevard for 1.2 miles to the fourth stop sign which is at the entrance of Stoneybrook Estates
6) Hawksmoor Ln. is on the left and right. Knightsbridge Cir. is next on the left at the break in the median. Balmoral Way is next on the right. Westbourne Cir. is last on the left.
FROM N. TAMIAMI TRAIL
1) Turn onto McIntosh Rd.
2) At 3/4 mile, turn right on Stoneybrook Blvd.
3) Tell the guard who you are visiting.
6) Westbourne Cir is on your right. Balmoral Way is on the left. Knightsbridge Cir is the next right. And then Hawksmoor Ln crosses on both your left and right side.